Philips LUMEA hair removal device
As a new innovation into the personal care sector, Philips came to WDS with a brief to drive sales for its new Lumea Hair Removal device. WDS delivered almost 40 days of activity across 10 locations and sales uplifts of almost 100%. Now that’s smooth!
- Long lasting or permanent hair removal
- Total body hair removal solution
- Time saving with salon quality results
- Professional treatment that’s convenient and safe to use at home.
WDS was required to plan, manage and implement a programme of in-store sales and demonstration activity for Philips across 10 Costco locations. The nature of the product, together with the challenges of working in a wholesale retail environment meant that a thorough approach was needed. In particular, the detailed preparation of our brand ambassadors together with an impactful in-store demonstration was vital in delivering the service and results required. Key elements were:
- Brand ambassador selection and training. Candidates were profiled against experience and received detailed product training before the activity commenced – this included a 4-step demonstration process that identified key customer needs and preferences and then tailoring the demonstration accordingly.
- The demonstration. Additional branded point-of-sale equipment deployed to ensure stand-out in a warehouse environment, together with branded uniform and TV playing promotional product video.
- Sales literature. As a higher-priced item, we understood that some customers would want to consider the product before returning at a later date to make a purchase. Therefore, take-away product literature was provided in order to deliver more detailed information on product features and benefits.
- Reporting & account management. Single Fizz contact established as main point-of-contact providing weekly reporting and feedback.
WDS worked extremely closely with Philips and Costco to deliver a campaign that exceeded all objectives. The result was a well managed campaign that delivered a 100% uplift on sales (versus the previous week’s sales).